- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4
Brown bean sauce enhances the flavors in Eggplant with Ground Pork.
- 6 long eggplants
- 1/3 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon brown bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained well
- 1, 12 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 large garlic, minced
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces. Heat olive oil in a large skillet at medium high heat and place eggplant in a single layer. Brown on both sides.
- Remove cooked eggplant and repeat process until all eggplant is cooked. Set aside.
- In same skillet, brown pork with garlic. Drain fat, if necessary. Add broth, mushrooms, oyster sauce and brown bean sauce. Mix well, then add cooked eggplant.
- When sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with green onions.