- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
This is a wonderful robust Salad and can also be used for a vegetable dip.
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- Priece eggplant with fork several times and place on foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until the skin is charred and the eggplant is tender.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Use a sharp knife and remove the skin.
- Place the eggplant in a food processor.
- Add cilantro, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Process until coasrsely chopped.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4 inch rounds.
- spoon the eggplant mixture on top of the rounds.
- Garnish each with the red peppers.