- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Served as a side dish, Eggplant in Garlic Sauce is a perfect pairing for beef, pork or fish.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of chili paste with garlic
- 4 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of black vinegar (you can substitute balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut oil
- 1-1/2 cups of diced scallions
- Cut eggplant into 3x3/4-inch strips (do not peel). Combine minced garlic with the chili paste.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Heat a wok over medium heat and add 1/3 of the oil. When the oil gets hot, add half the eggplant and stir fry until it begins to brown. Once browned, remove an place on a serving platter.
- Repeat the stir fry process with the remaining eggplant.
- Add three tablespoons oil to the wok, and when its hot, add the garlic and chili paste mixture. Stir for about 10 seconds. Re-add the eggplant and mix well.
- Add the scallions and stir for another minute. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir fry for another minute. Serve immediately.