- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This Mediterranean-inspired dip can be served with fresh county bread or pita chips.
- 1-1/2 pounds eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper or chili, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the eggplant in the oven and bake until soft.
- Once the eggplant are cool enough to handle, slice, scoop out the flesh and place into a food processor along with the garlic.
- Process the mixture until smooth and then slowly add the oil, with the motor running, down the flute of the food processor.
- Stir in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, chili and chopped parsley, let stand for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, and then serve.