- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
A twist on the carrot cake- eggplant bread! You can substitute sugar for the honey is desired.
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated and drained raw eggplant
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Dates, raisins and nuts, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Beat together the eggs, honey and oil until well blended.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until moistened.
- Fold in the eggplant, dates, raising and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.