- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Marinated eggplant peppered with pieces or arugula and smothered with provolone cheese, makes this a perfect Panini recipe.
- 8 center slices from a round loaf of Italian bread
- Olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 4 ounces bottled marinated eggplant, drained well
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Place a large skillet over medium-low to heat.
- In the meantime, brush one side of each slice of bread with some olive oil, flip, and then build a sandwich with the cheese, eggplant, arugula and more cheese. Oiled sides of bread should be facing out.
- Place the sandwiches into the skillet in batches, topping with another skillet. Use a heavy can to push on the top skillet in order to press down on the sandwich.
- Cook each Panini for 3 minutes then flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side. Serve hot.