- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 2 people
You don't have to give up taste when you're trying to eat healthier. The Egg White Western Omelet is easy to make and you won't miss the missing eggs!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup diced potato
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced lean ham (optional)
- 4 egg whites
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried seasoning like oregano or thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Spray a nonstick skillet with the cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the potatoes, peppers, onion and ham (if using) to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until vegetables are tender). Stir them once or twice. Keep the mixture in the skillet but remove from the heat.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg whites and mix in the seasonings. Put the skillet back on the heat over medium-high. Add the egg whites to the mixture. Cook until well-set and top with the cheese and fold the omelet over. Cut in half to serve.