- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: Makes 1 omelet
For those of you looking for a pure protein breakfast, try this egg white omelet that includes a few pinches of freshly grated Parmesan for added flavor.
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Put the eggs, cheese, milk, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk until the mixture is frothy.
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan or a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter begins to foam, add the egg mixture and rotate the pan to distribute the egg.
- After about 3 minutes and once the eggs have just set, carefully fold the omelet in half. Cook the omelet for an additional 1-1/2 minutes over medium-low heat and then serve immediately.