- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This version of the classic American sandwich is both lighter and healthier with the addition of yogurt and watercress.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup washed and stemmed watercress
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mash the eggs with a fork, and then add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, and scallions. Mix until well combined.
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper and then place on 4 bread slices topped with watercress. Cover with the remaining slices and serve.