- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 2 quarts of milk or half and half
- 6 Tablespoons sugar in egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, mix egg yolks and sugar. Add salt and milk (or half and half). Cook on medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats spoon.Refrigerate until cool.
- Whip egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form. Add to cooled mixture with vanilla. Chill overnight.
- Add whipping cream flavored to taste with sugar and vanilla. Sprinkle with nutmeg. *Traditional egg nog is served with a bit of rum in each glass. Note: For the 2 quarts of milk or half and half, I use 1 quart of each.