- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A great way to get your kids to eat a healthy and filling breakfast while having fun! Use a thick piece of fresh bread instead of store-bought slices, and pair with a side of honey ham or crisp bacon.
- 4 slices fresh bread, thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 jumbo eggs
- Prepare the oven broiler on medium-low.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, salt and pepper.
- Using a round cookie cutter, punch out a hole from the center of each slice of bread and then brush slice and cutout with the butter mixture.
- Place the slices and the cutouts in a large oven-safe frying pan and toast oven medium-low heat until golden brown. Put cutouts aside.
- Flip each slice of bread and then crack an egg into the hole. Cover the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the frying pan under the broiler for about a minute to ensure egg white is cooked. Serve immediately.