- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 24 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This surprisingly quick dish is both delicate and ideal as a soup starter for your next dinner party.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pastina
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch diagonal pieces (2 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large soup pan, bring the broth to boil over high heat and then stir in the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in the broth according to package directions, and then stir in the asparagus. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook the mixture, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Carefully pour the eggs into the soup in a thin stream, slowly stirring with a large fork to form long thread-like pieces of egg.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir the soup and then ladle into bowls and serve hot.