- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Traditional Fried Rice is made more nutritious and delicious with the addition of Edamame beans; immature soybeans still in their pods.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2/3 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4 cups cooked white rice (cold)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Place a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the oil and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of the pan then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the scallion and carrots and sauté for an additional 2 minutes then add the rice, edamame, soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook until heated through.