- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 32 min
- Total: 37 min
- Serving: Makes about 25 shots
This intense citrus and cinnamon-flavored cocktail is popular in Ecuador. You can find Aguardiente, a light anise-flavored liquor, at most liquor stores.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 2 cups aguardiente
- 1 medium lime, thinly sliced
- Place the water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and orange slices in a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer stirring frequently.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat to low and cook the mixture, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the aguardiente and the lime and then serve in shot glasses.