- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Turkey Piccata is an elegant dish made with prosciutto and flavored with sage and port wine.
- 12 turkey cutlets, breast slices, flattened
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 fresh sage leaves
- 12 paper thin slices of prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup port wine
- To prepare the cutlets, season both sides with salt and pepper. Place 2 sage leaves onto each piece of turkey. On top of the cutlet and sage place 1 piece of proscuitto. Press the sage and proscuitto against the cutlet to make them stick. Repeat with all the cutlets.
- Put the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan. When the butter is melted, add as many cutlets as will fit flat in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. As the cutlets are cooked, set them aside in a warm oven. Continue until all cutlets are cooked.
- To make sauce: After removing the last cutlets from the pan add the port wine. Cook until the steam disappears. Reduce sauce by half, then turn off the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Place 2 cutlets on each plate and top with a little sauce.