- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
Surprisingly delicious, these trail mix cookies consist of a lot of healthy ingredients.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apple bits, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Mix together egg, honey, applesauce and milk; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins, dried apples, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.