- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
Impress your friends with this sweet bread at your next breakfast get-together.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- Cream butter, sugar, orange juice, egg yolks and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into orange juice mixture.
- Fold in egg whites and strawberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.