- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves about 6 people
Easy Sloppy Sandwiches are a classic. Fun for the whole family and great for the football season gatherings, be sure to have enough prepared for seconds. Serve on sandwich buns and for something a bit different, top sandwiches with prepared coleslaw.
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds of ground beef
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil to the pan. Add the ground beef, breaking it up to cook.
- In a small bowl, add the brown sugar and dry mustard together. Add that to the ground beef and combine it all together. Once the meat browns, add the onion, celery and red peppers to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium and add the red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to the mix, cooking all together for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato sauce and paste. Combine all ingredients together and mix well. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 more minutes.