- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 2 dozen
Simple to make, easy to roll and cut sugar cookies.
- 2 sticks margarine, softened (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board and cut using cookie cutters.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, and cool on wire racks.