- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6-8
This simple recipe for potato salad goes together quickly and easily, making it ideal for picnics and backyard barbecues.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup green or white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water for 25 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Mix in celery, onion, pickles and 2/3 of the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise and mustard. Pour mixture over potatoes and gently mix until thoroughly blended.
- Layer remaining sliced eggs over top of salad. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.