- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
This pie is easy and uses a premade crust, but tastes like you made it from scratch. The apples that work best in pies are Pippin, Jonathan, Winesap and Jonagold.
- 2 9-inch pie crusts (one for the top crust, one for the bottom crust)
- 6 cups sliced apples, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the apples.
- Place into pie crust and dot mixture with butter. Cover the apples with the top crust and slit evenly to let steam escape as pie bakes.
- Seal the top crust to the bottom by pressing the edges together.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden brown and the apples begin to bubble through the top crust. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an added treat!