- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr
- Serving: Serves 7 to 9
This easy, low carb chili's so good, it'll stop winter in its tracks.
- 1 quart water
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4-ounces canned mushrooms (drained)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 bay leaves
- 6-ounces canned tomato paste
- 1 can black soybeans (optional)
- Sauté onion and green peppers; add ground beef and brown, drain. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Really great sprinkled with shredded cheese.