- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Hummus is not only delicious and good for you, but it is also extremely versatile and works interchangeably with your favorite condiments. Toss it with potato salad instead of mayonnaise, slather it on sandwiches or whisk it with some additional lemon juice and oil to dress your favorite salads.
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and 1 tablespoon of the liquid reserved
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil plus more to drizzle
- pinch of sweet smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Place the chickpeas, the reserved chickpea liquid, garlic, lemon juice, a few pinches of salt and tahini into a food processor and blend well to combine. One the texture resembles a thick paste, add the olive oil and process until smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl, season with additional salt if needed and then garnish with a dusting of paprika and a drizzle of oil. Serve immediately.