- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 Cakes
Easy and fun to make, these funnel cakes will be the hit of the party!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, for topping
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for topping
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs and the milk. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In an eight inch skillet, heat the oil to 360 F. Put your finger over the bottom opening of a kitchen funnel, and fill the funnel with a generous 1/2 cup helping of the batter. Hold the funnel close to the surface of the oil and release the batter into the oil while making a lattice-like pattern. Fry until golden brown and flip cake with tongs and a spatula to brown other side for one minute. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or a cinnamon and sugar mixture.