- Prep: 4 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 4 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
Fresh Strawberry Pie is a summer favorite.
- 1, 9 inch baked pie shell
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries, cleaned and patted dry
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned and pureed
- whipped cream
- Arrange the whole strawberries in pie shell.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook over low heat stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the pureed strawberries and cook for another 3 minutes or until the color becomes a shiny red and thickens again.
- Pour mixture, while hot, over strawberries in pie shell, taking care to coat all of the berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream.