- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10-12
This easy, flourless chocolate cake recipe serves 10 to 12 people. It's a perfect quick dessert recipe when you don't want to skimp on taste.
- 1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy, large saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla, then whisk in eggs one at a time. Mix in flour.
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan by coating it with butter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake pan on lower oven rack and set timer for 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when surface is firm and cake appears set. Cake will fall upon cooling.
- To serve, remove outside rim, slice into small serving pieces, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.