- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A wonderfully flavor-packed chicken and potato slow cooker dinner.
- 1 large fryer chicken, quartered and skinned
- Canola oil
- 10-12 small white onions, peeled
- 1/2 pound whole mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 10-12 small new (red) potatoes with skins
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Brown the chicken in the oil.
- Place the onions, mushrooms, garlic and thyme in the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Place the chicken and potatoes on top. Pour the broth over and season with salt and pepper. Cook covered for 8-10 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- For the last hour of cooking, adjust the heat to HIGH and pour the wine in. Serve with the bacon sprinkled over top.