- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 16 servings
This easy cowboy bean recipe makes a delicious side dish for any cookout or BBQ.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2, 16-ounce cans pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the drippings. Crumble bacon
- Cook onion in the reserved drippings until tender, but not brown. Add to remaining ingredients, blending well. Place in casserole.
- Bake uncovered on grill with hood down for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or you can simmer on your side burner.