- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Easy Chocolate Torte is hard to resist!
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 2, 4 ounce packages Baker's sweet chocolate squares
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1, 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Bake in 2 greased and flour 9 inch layer pans. Cool. Split layers horizontally. Melt 1 1/2 packages of the chocolate in saucepan over very low heat. Cool; then beat in butter. Add almonds.
- Make chocolate curls from remaining chocolate. Spread one cake layer with half the chocolate mixture; top with second layer, and spread with half the whipped topping. Repeat layers; garnish with chocolate curls. Chill 1 hour.