- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 18
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons are a classic treat.
- 1, 14 ounce package coconut, flaked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 squares) semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl. Add egg whites and almond extract; mix well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased and floured baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees F or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper lined tray 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.