- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Tender Chicken Stroganoff is served over spinach noodles.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 chicken flavor bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1, 8 ounce container sour cream
- 2, 8 ounce packages fresh spinach noodles
- In 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 tablespoons butter, cook chicken, stirring constantly, until chicken is tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken to plate; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, in 2 more tablespoons butter, cook onion and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Into vegetable mixture, stir flour and bouillon until blended; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in water; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir sour cream into mixture in skillet; add chicken; heat through, stirring constantly. Do not boil or mixture will curdle.
- Meanwhile prepare noodles as package directs. Serve noodles with chicken mixture.