- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu makes a great family meal combining simple and classic ingredients.
- 12 chicken cutlets, skinned
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 12 thinly sliced pieces of ham
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 jars chicken gravy (Heinz homestyle)
- 24 toothpicks, wood
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and parsley in a bowl. Dip cutlets in egg mixture. Lightly dredge both sides in bread crumbs.
- Place one slice each of ham and cheese on breaded cutlet and roll, securing with two toothpicks.
- Heat vegetable oil and brown rolled cutlets. After browning, place on paper towels to drain.
- Place rolled cutlets in a baking pan and pour over chicken gravy.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.