- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 Servings
This is a great way to get your kids to eat healthy, fiber rich beans. Serve with a dollop of Greek-style plain yogurt on top or low-fat sour cream.
- 1 16-ounce can nonfat refried beans, preferably spicy
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Prepare the oven broiler and place the oven rack in the top third of the oven.
- Place the refried beans, pinto beans, salsa and 1/3 cup cheese in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the scallions.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown. Serve immediately.