- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 24 People
These chewy bars are ideal for serving at potlucks or large family gatherings.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and butterscotch chips in a saucepan over medium heat; stir frequently until smooth.
- Mix in 1 cup of sugar and vanilla into butterscotch mixture, then remove from heat; set aside.
- Cream eggs and remaining sugar, then add to butterscotch mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Blend flour combination into butterscotch mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until firm.