- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr 30 min
- Total: 10 hr
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Tasty sliced slow cooked brisket with mashed potatoes and gravy.
- 1 (3-4 pound) trimmed beef brisket
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet herb-garlic soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mashed potatoes
- Arrange the brisket in a greased slow cooker.
- Mix together the chili sauce, soup mix, Worcestershire and water and pour over the meat. Cook covered for 9-11 hours on low.
- Take the brisket out of the cooker and keep warm. Pour the cooking juices into a glass measuring cup and skim the fat off the top.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the reserved juices and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Slice the brisket across the grain and serve with the potatoes and gravy.