- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This beef chili recipe can really warm you up on a cold winter night.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef, onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through. Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.