- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 8-10
With preparation time around 5 minutes, this easy banana bread recipe is a walk in the park.
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Set oven to bake at 350 degrees F, grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together, then add to creamed mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in bananas and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Note: You may add 1 cup of chopped walnuts with the bananas.