- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This baked apples recipe uses the microwave and will have your dessert ready in no time. Baked apples make a tasty snack as well.
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Raisins (optional)
- Core the apples leaving the bottoms attached.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar and spices. Spoon the sugar mixture into the apples where the core was and feel free to add raisins as well. When finished, put a teaspoon of butter on top of each apple. Place the apples in a deep casserole dish and cover.
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Let the apples cool for a couple minutes before serving.