- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 12
Generously slice Apricot Carrot Bread and slather with softened cream cheese for a great breakfast or snack.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, snipped to small bits
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoon apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, applesauce, carrots and vegetable oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Fold in apricots.
- Pour battered into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool. Wrap and store loaf overnight before slicing.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar and 2 teaspoons apple juice to make a drizzling consistency. Before serving, drizzle loaf with icing.