- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 10
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies are tender and irresistable.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup applesauce, cinnamon flavored
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together shortening, applesauce, sugars, egg and vanilla until shortening breaks into pea-sized pieces.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture. Mix well. Fold in oats and then raisins.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove and place on cooling rack.