- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Fun Easter Egg bread, great for Easter dinner.
- 1 (1 pound loaf) frozen white bread dough
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- food coloring
- vanilla icing
- Thaw the dough according to the instructions.
- Flatten the dough, sprinkle with the orange peel and anise seed, work in well.
- Divide the dough in half, roll into 24 inch long ropes. Grease a cookie sheet, and then loosely twist the ropes and then shape into a circle joining the ends.
- Place 5 of the eggs in between the twists, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Take the last egg and beat it with water. Brush over the loaf.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow to cool on a rack.
- Brush the eggs with the food coloring, and drizzle the bread with the icing.