- Prep: 6 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 6 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A wonderfully light and vivid stir-fry dish that can be made with early summer vegetables, serve this vegetable medley alone, over rice or with noodles for a complete meal.
- 1/2 cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cleaned and divided in half
- 1 zucchini, cut into sticks
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cleaned and cut in thin strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in thin layers
- 1/2 chili (or chili flakes)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Place a wok over high heat and then add the oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add all of the vegetables, the garlic and the chili, and stir-fry the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water, black bean sauce and soy sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 1 minute and then remove the wok from the heat.
- Add the chives and the cilantro, toss to combine and then serve immediately.