- Prep: 3 hr
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 3 hr 40 min
- Serving: 3 loafs
A homemade yeast bread recipe. Yields 3 loafs.
- 8 cups flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 yeast cakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Melted butter
- Mix together 6 cups flour, sugar and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Dissolve the yeast in a small amount of warm water. Mix in the condensed milk, oil and enough warm water to bring the mixture to 4 cups.
- Blend in the flour mixture along with the additional 2 cups of flour. Knead for 10 minutes and place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and allow to rise for 90 minutes to 2 hours, or until doubled.
- Divide into 3 loafs and place in 3 greased pans. Allow to rse for another 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 40 minutes. Brush with melted butter.