- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
Caramel blondie brownie bars.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes then cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Melt the caramels and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Pour the mixture over the crust, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Drop the remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool, then cut into bars. Drizzle the reserved caramel over top.