- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Vermouth is a fortified wine that comes aromatized with various herbs and spices. Use dry, instead of sweet vermouth for this Dry Manhattan cocktail.
- 2 ounces straight rye
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- Dash of angostura bitters
- twist of lemon peel to garnish
- Place a martini glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Pour the rye and vermouth into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for 25 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass, garnish with a twist of lemon peel and serve immediately.