- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Splurge on some high-quality bittersweet chocolate for this indulgent drink, and serve it to guests as a luxurious post dinner cap.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped in 1/2 inch piece
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream to garnish
- Place the milk, cream and salt into a saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once the mixture beings to boil, pour it into a bowl with the chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon to the mixture and then whisk well until completely blended and smooth.
- Transfer the drinking chocolate to mugs and serve with a dollop of whipping cream.