- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dish makes a creamy and comforting side to roasted meats and poultry. If you can’t find dried corn, use fresh or frozen, but omit the step of soaking the corn from the recipe.
- 2 cups dried corn
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 cups whole milk or light cream
- 150 grams (6 ounces) old Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- butter to grease
- Put the corn and the water into a pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and set aside for 20 minutes to soak.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 11-inch casserole dish with butter.
- Mix the cornmeal, cream and cheddar in a bowl and then add the corn and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Stir the mixture to combine and then transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake the corn for 1 hour, stirring once after 30 minutes of cooking. Serve hot.