- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: Makes 40 to 50 cookies
This is an amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe I used to make for my friend and favorite veterinarian, Dr. Charles Webster.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10 1/2-ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, measure and re-sift 3 times with salt and soda.
- Cream butter until smooth and soft; add both sugars gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until light.
- Add sifted dry ingredients gradually and mix well; add hot water; fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and cool.