- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A chunky ham and vegetable slow cooked southern inspired stew.
- 1-1/2 cups dried black-eyed peas, rinse and drain
- 2-3 cups cooked, cubed ham
- 1 (!5 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (!0 ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- Add the peas and 5 cups of water to a large saucepan. Boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the peas and remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, to a greased slow cooker. Add 2 cups of water. Cook covered on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix in the tomatoes and cook for one more hour.