- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A classic bourbon cocktail gets modernized with the addition of Aperol, fresh Thai basil and muddled lemon.
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig Thai basil
- 2ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- grapefruit peel and Thai basil leaf to garnish
- Place the lemon and basil into a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Pour the bourbon, Aperol and simple syrup into the shaker and then fill with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the grapefruit peel and Thai basil leaf and then serve immediately.